The Store that Builds Homes!
Open to the Public:
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 12 pm-6 pm
Saturday 9 am-4 pm
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
3034 40th Ave NW, Rochester MN 55901
What is a Habitat ReStore?
* A Habitat ReStore accepts new and used building materials from individuals, retailers, businesses and contractors. These good quality items are sold to the general public at a fraction of retail prices, with all proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity.
Is the ReStore open to the public?
* YES! Anyone and everyone can donate and shop at ReStore!
How often does the ReStore get new materials?
* The ReStore receive donations Tuesday through Saturday!
How are items priced at the ReStore?
* Brand new items are priced 50% OFF of retail prices. Other items, depending on condition, are priced up to 90% off retail value.
Can we negotiate prices with the ReStore?
* No. Our ReStore does not negotiate on prices with customers. Prices are firm, but markdowns are frequent! Every month prices drop by 25%. The ReStore staff do targeted markdowns and sales as needed. Please remember, the proceeds from our store go directly to Habitat for Humanity, and this is not a flea market.
Do you use the donated materials to build Habitat Homes?
* No. The materials are sold in the Habitat ReStore, with the proceeds of the store going to the Rochester Area Habitat for Humanity.
How do I donate?
* When you have items to donate to ReStore, call us at 507-258-5505 and let us now what you have. We will tell you if we are able to accept them or not. Then, you can bring them to the ReStore.
Do you pick up items?
* Yes. Please call us at 507-258-5505 ext. 3 to schedule a pick-up.
Do I get a tax receipt for donating?
* Yes! Habitat ReStore is part of Habitat for Humanity and a 501(c) 3 not-for-profit organization. All donors are offered a tax receipt to receive a potential tax deduction.
Can the ReStore put a value on the items I donate?
* No. We cannot place a value on any donations for tax purposes. This is the responsibility of the donor.
Does the ReStore take returns?
* We do allow customers to return items up to 14 days after purchase. The items must be in the same condition they were purchased in, and the customer must have their receipt in order to get a refund.
Are all ReStores the same?
* No. Each ReStore is individually operated by the Habitat for Humanity affiliate office in that area. This means they do not all carry the same items, prices, policies, hours, etc.
How do things get done at the ReStore ?
* Volunteers play a vital role in cashiering, donation intake, donation pick-ups, stocking shelves, pricing items, assisting customers, office work, cleaning and so much more! We simply could not survive without the dedication and commitment of our volunteers.
How do I volunteer?
* It's easy! Please contact Amanda, our Assistant Manager & Volunteer Engagement at 507-258-5505 ext.2 or email her at